Sunday 7 October 2012

Jojoba Oil, multi-purpose moisturising oil

Thinking about it now I am surprised I did not find out about this product much sooner. I wanted to try out an alternative, more simple way to moisturise after having a shower, a product that would be as natural as possible but at the same time very hardworking too. After a bit of research, as I tend to do most of the time when I decide to try something new, I decided to try out Jojoba Oil.

Jojoba Oil is actually not an oil it is a liquid wax. This beautiful 24 carat gold coloured wax is produced in a seed of Jojoba plant, a shrub native to southern Arizona, southern California and northwest Mexico. The oil/wax makes up approximately 50% of the Jojoba seed by weight.

To me some of very interesting benefits of Jojoba Oil are that it has an antibacterial and anti fungal properties as well as being rich in vitamin A(known also as an wrinkle fighter :), B1, B2, B6, and E (known to minimise scarring). Sometimes Jojoba Oil is used to treat acne as it can make oily skin less oily.



There are many ways I use this oil;
  • As an Hot Oil Treatment
  • As an after shower moisturiser
  • As a hair, body and cuticle oil
  • To clean my make-up brushes (I just mix few drops of oil with an antibacterial washing up liquid, clean and rinse with warm water)
  • To remove stubborn waterproof eye makeup
And so on... Jojoba Oil is so versatile :) I bought mine from Holland & Barrett (www.hollandandbarrett.com)

I really like using Jojoba Oil daily, I even put it into a smaller travel size bottle when I go away. As it is suitable for all skin types I do recommend it to my friends when they need that little bit of extra moisture for their skin, nails or hair.

Till next time...

Kiss Kiss Girly-G

No comments:

Post a Comment